Boyer's Extra Hot Beer Bar-B-Q Chips
Taste test: These chips are quite hot.
It's a delayed heat — you don't notice it at first, but it kicks in after a couple of seconds and packs quite a punch. The heat grows slightly stronger as you continue to chew, and then it lingers for quite a while. I would definitely recommend having a cold beverage handy when you try these. The chips are (for the most part) narrow-rippled chips, which distinguishes them from Boyer's non-"Extra Hot" version of these, which had wide ripples. (However, even in this bag there were a few wider-rippled chips.)
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good, strong barbecue chips smell, though not really a hot smell.
From the package: “Red Hot” ... “Extra Hot” ... ingredients include Beer Seasoning, Vegetable Protein Spices, Vegetable Powdered Hops and Smoked Flavor ... “Extra Hot Cayenne Powder Added for Extra Hot Chips”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Boyer's Potato Chips
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2018 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1061 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (484 snacks)
- Alcohol-themed Snacks (58 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2002
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published April 2002.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road