Pirate's Booty With Caramel
Note: This snack has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Taste test: These are quite a bit different from the original Pirate's Booty.
They're shaped kind of like the original (an irregular shape similar to popcorn), but the taste, texture, color and consistency are different. These are coated with caramel and don't have any cheese taste at all. It's a nice caramel taste, and the caramel coating makes these more solid than the soft original Pirate's Booty, though these are still quite soft for a caramel snack. These are similar to Grandma Shearer's Caramel Corn Puffs (which happens to be one of the greatest snacks in the world), and these are good too, but not quite as good as Grandma Shearer's.
Shop: Buy Pirate's Booty on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild caramel aroma.
From the package: “Pirate's Booty with caramel is made from the Original Pirate's Booty with a light caramel drizzled on each piece. Once you try this incredible snack you'll be hooked. Fans are called Caramel Booty Heads.” ... “Ingredients: Corn Meal, Rice, Brown Sugar, Corn Syrup, Butter (Milk, Buttermilk) Salt, and Baking Soda.”
Online store: Buy Pirate's Booty on Amazon #ad
Company: Pirate Brands
Categories for this snack:
- All Pirate's Booty and imitators (15 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (355 snacks)
- Caramel Corn (126 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2002
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published April 2002.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road