Rips Strawberry & Green Apple
Taste test: Rips seemed to be trying to bridge the gap between gummies and licorice. It came in rectangular pieces, about an inch by 1-3/4 inches, with red or green surfaces coated with white sugar bits. Each piece had seven parallel indentations running along the length, and with a bit of effort, the piece could be separated into eight thin strips.
I bit in to find the promised intense sweet and sour fruit flavors, so as a gummy, they were pretty good. However, they were described as being licorice coated with the fruit stuff, yet I couldn't taste the licorice.
Shop: Buy Licorice on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good fruity smell.
From the package: “Hi! I'm Ripply the inventor!” ... “Want to taste a licorice with lots of flavor? Taste Rips®!” ... “Intense fruit juice flavor” ... “Fat Free” ... “Eat some. Share some.™” ... “Product of Turkey” ... “Rips® brand licorice is no ordinary licorice! It is sweet & sour sugar-sanded licorice with intense fruity flavor.”
Online store: Buy Licorice on Amazon #ad
Company: The Foreign Candy Company
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Turkey (79 reviews)
- Fruit Snacks (436 snacks)
- Gummy Candies (66 snacks)
- Licorice (23 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Fire! Sauce Flavor
- Terrell's Syracuse Style Potato Chips
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road