Balaji Wafers Masala Masti
Taste test: These "Wafers" from India were actually potato chips, specifically narrow-rippled ones, with a good helping of reddish brown seasoning on the surfaces. They had fairly flat shapes, with occasional bits of skin on the edges and dark spots on some chips.
We crunched in to find a tasty mix of Indian spices, not as intense or as hot as the Lay's Magic Masala chips, but a nice flavor and a good taste of India that's rarely found on potato chips. The heat wasn't intense, but there was a nice mild burn that stuck around in the aftertaste.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mix of Indian spices, fairly mild as Indian snacks go.
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from India (93 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Masala snacks (19 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Patel Brothers Indian Marketplace, Waltham, Massachsetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road