Mystic Chips New England Style Potato Chips
Taste test: These are good kettle-cooked potato chips, similar in style to Cape Cod chips.
However, Cape Cod chips are noticeably better..
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Regular kettle chips smell.
From the package: “The potato chip was invented in 1853 by George Crum, a Native American. Responding to a customer's complaint that the French fries were 'too thick,' Crum sliced a batch of potatoes, fried them to a crisp in lard, sprinkled them with salt, and sent them back to a delighted Cornelius Vanderbilt. An original American food had quietly been discovered at a time when shipbuilding was an active industry in maritime America. Nearly 200 years later, the original New England Potato Chips is back. Mystic Chips® made their maiden voyage at Mystic Seaport, America's leading maritime museum, where a 19th-century village of historic buildings and tall ships recreates the era when George Crum salted his first potato chip.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road