Boulder Totally Natural Potato Chips
Taste test: Clean potato taste, a bit of salt, and a hint of slightly rancid grease in the back of the palate.
Natural chips have to be extra fresh to be extra good..
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Potatoes, natural potatoes.
From the package: “According to culinary legend, the potato chip originated in 1853 at a fashionable New York restaurant when railroad magnate Cornelius Vanderbilt sent his fried potatoes back to the kitchen, complaining they were too thick. Annoyed, chef George Crum scornfully sliced some potatoes into a kettle of oil and fried them to a crisp. The result was a hit and the potato chip was born. Today our family operates the Boulder Potato Company in Boulder, Colorado. Using a simple family recipe, we kettle-cook select potatoes in small batches using high monosaturated sunflower and/or safflower oil, both of which are extremely low in saturated fat. We use totally natural ingredients, hand-rake every batch, and test chips at every stage of preparation to ensure quality and taste.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Boulder Potato Company
Categories for this snack:
Trivia: Chips from batch 7G106, dated April 27, 2001, eaten on Jan 20, 2001.
This snack was discovered by Mike, our Colorado bureau chief in Colorado. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road