Taste test: We at first thought these chips were going to be extremely greasy because they come in a mostly clear bag that was drenched with oil on the inside.
But that just goes to show you why most chip manufacturers don't use clear bags. The chips themselves turned out to be no greasier than most and were downright delicious, featuring an authentic potato taste and a hearty, satisfying crunch.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
From the package: In addition to the novelty of the see-through bag, it also features a map of Maui and a “Made in Maui, Hawaii” label. Interestingly, the ingredients are prominently listed on the front of the bag. Even more interestingly, the bag doesn't include a “Nutrition Facts” chart. You'd think that the FDA's authority over nutritional labeling would extend as far as Hawaii.
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Chips of Maui Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Craig.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road