Herr's Pennsylvania Dutch Style Potato Chips
Note: This snack has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Taste test: The first thing that I noticed about these was that they came in a really big bag — 18 ounces, and all for just $2.99.
The next thing that struck me once I poured the bag into a bowl was just how big the chips were — they were large, unbroken and quite impressive. As for taste, they're pretty good chips, with a different flavor than other potato chips — different also from other kettle-cooked chips. You can taste a lot of potato, without very much much salt, and they do have a good crunch. People from Philly seem to have almost universal praise for Herr's chips.
Shop: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Potatoey smell.
From the package: “Taste the old-fashioned goodnewss of our Pennsylvania Dutch Style Potato Chips. What makes them so delicious? They're slow-cooked, so they have extra flavor and extra crunch. I know you'll enjoy them. In fact, you have my guarantee. — Jim Herr”
Online store: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Trivia: You can fill up a chip bowl three to four times from an 18-ounce bag.
This snack was discovered by Marlo.
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road