Kettle Chips Island Jerk
Taste test: These wide-rippled, golden yellow potato chips (one of the five varieties in Kettle's People's Choice 2007 promotion) were thick cut and very crisp, with a great kettle-cooked crunch.
They had a lot of dark seasoning on them, and the jerk flavor was strong, spicy and very tasty, with a lingering hot aftertaste. The intense flavor and mix of spices made these barbecue chips really stand out from the barbecue crowd. I wouldn't put them on the same world-class tier as Kettle's Spicy Thai flavor, but they were still quite good.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very strong, very sharp, very sweet jerk barbecue flavor.
From the package: “Authentic Jerk. No, we're not calling you names. We're talking about the real deal in Jamaican jerk spice — that mash-up of fiery island spices like chili pepper, black pepper, cinnamon, allspice, cumin and thyme. The result is a festival of flavor as bright and delightful as a school of tropical fish. We'd get stranded on an island with this flavor any day. How about you?”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kettle Chips (83 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (482 snacks)
- Limited Editions (412 snacks)
- Jerk Snacks (6 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road