Kettle Chips Aztec Chocolate
Taste test: Chocolate-flavored potato chips are a rarity, so when Kettle Chips included these among the five varieties in the People's Choice 2007 promotion, I was eager to try them.
The wide-rippled, kettle-cooked chips were not chocolate-coated, but rather seasoned with a powdery mixture along the lines of most flavored potato chips. The taste was supposed to combine chocolate, cinnamon and some heat. The crispness was excellent, there was a big crunch, and I liked the taste — but what I tasted was a bit of the cinnamon, a good helping of heat and various other subtle flavors. If I hadn't known that the flavor was supposed to be chocolate, I might have never guessed.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mildly cinnamony, even milder chocolatey smell, but nice.
From the package: “Chocolate is good on everything. Here is a chip both sweet and savory, with hits of red chili spice and the lightest kiss of cinnamon to accentuate the rich, Dagoba® Organic Chocolate flavor. You could say this chip has been waiting to be made since the Aztecs first figured out how to make chocolate from the cacao bean. They drank theirs, but we lick our chooclate-coated fingers after eating this delicacy.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kettle Chips (83 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Chocolate (1775 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Limited Editions (412 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road