Utz Natural Dark Russet Kettle Cooked Gourmet Potato Chips
Taste test: These dark russet potato chips were indeed dark and had a great texture, with super crispness, a very nice light crunch, and that dry feeling that russet chips give you without actually drying out your mouth.
But when I first bit in, the flavor was on the bland side. After eating a few more of the chips, the flavor did ramp up to a more typical russet chip level of taste, and the taste was quite good. You might have to be a patient chip eater to maximize your enjoyment of these. There were some good-size chips in this bag, but unfortunately some of the smaller chips toward the bottom of the bag looked very oily.
Shop: Buy Utz snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice russet chips smell.
From the package: “It's only natural that the finest, freshest all-natural potato chips carry the Utz name. We take the purest potatoes, slice them thin, and then hand-cook them in sunflower oil to a delicate golden crisp so that the natural potato flavor shines through. With 50% less fat than regular potato chips. And absolutely no trans fat or preservatives.”
Online store: Buy Utz snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Utz (115 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Regular Potato Chips (252 snacks)
- Russet potato chips (23 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Dollar Tree. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road