Taste test: This bar consisted of three detachable square sections, each about an inch and a quarter per side. The "Crunch" part of the bar with the embedded Rice Krispies was entirely on the bottom, constituting about half of the overall thickness. Above that was a liquidy caramel layer, with a thin non-Crunch chocolate layer on top, sealing in the caramel.
The taste was OK, but milk chocolate and caramel go so well together that it's really hard to beat the taste by using dark chocolate. On some bites, it didn't even taste like dark chocolate. One weird thing that the Crunch Layer did not extend the full length of the bar, ending about a quarter inch shy of one end, with just smooth chocolate exposed beyond there, so it looked like they made the bar without the Crunch layer, then added it on.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good chocolate smell, almost more like milk chocolate than dark.
From the package: “Dark chocolate with crisped rice and caramel” ... “Made on equipment that also processes peanuts, nuts, and wheat.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Nestle Crunch (17 snacks)
- Chocolate (1810 snacks)
- Bars (956 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (345 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2006
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road