House of Jerky Black Pepper Buffalo Jerky
Taste test: This bag contained thinly cut sheets of jerky, and the buffalo was tougher to rip apart into smaller pieces than beef jerky generally is.
Upon biting in, the feel was quite tough and a bit rubbery, not nearly as readily chewable as beef jerky. It reminded me a lot of House of Jerky's venison jerky, but slighty less rubbery and easier to eat in this case. It required some patience to let it soften up in the mouth so that I could really bite in. The taste was pretty good, but there wasn't a whole lot of black pepper flavor (though I could see the pepper on one side of the jerky), mostly just a teriyaki jerky taste.
Shop: Buy meat snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: The usual beef jerky smell, lots of teriyaki. No black pepper that I could notice.
From the package: “Ingredients: Buffalo, Water, Soy Sauce (water, wheat, soybeans, salt), Teriyaki Sauce (Soy Sauce[water, wheat, soybeans, salt], Wine, Sugar, Water, Vinegar, Salt, Spices, Onion Powder, Succinic Acid, Garlic Powder), Brown Sugar, Pineapple Juice, Black pepper, Liquid Smoke, Garlic Powder, White Pepper.”
Online store: Buy meat snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: House of Jerky
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published December 2006.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road