House of Jerky Black Pepper Venison Jerky
Taste test: The first thing we noticed about this bag of jerky was that it was clearly wet, as you could see some liquid substance covering the meat and filling crevices in the vacuum-packed bag.
Though slightly wet on the outside, we found upon biting into the thick pieces that they were not moist inside. This was a very solid piece of jerky, and it took some good tooth strength to bite into it. Once you've bit off a small piece, chewing was actually not that difficult. So it took some effort to eat, but our tasters were impressed by the taste. It seemed like the teriyaki seasoning didn't fully penetrate into the meat, so you got to taste not just the seasoning, but also the meat itself.
Shop: Buy meat snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: The usual beef jerky smell.
From the package: “Made from solid strips of venison” ... “Natural smoke flavor added”
Online store: Buy meat snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: House of Jerky
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published November 2006.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road