Eagle Cheddar Jack Thick & Wavy Potato Chips
Taste test: Back in the '80s, Eagle Snacks was famous for things like peanuts and pretzels, and you'd usually find them on airplanes.
Owned by Anheuser-Busch back then, they were pretty good snacks. So imagine my surprise when I discovered that Eagle Snacks is back and they're in the potato chip business. The brand is now owned by Procter & Gamble Co., used under license by Reserve Brands LLC. Before I even opened the bag, I got a little sticker shock — one 1.5 oz. bag of these chips contained 240 calories and 17g of fat, so eating one of these bags is almost like half a meal.
The chips themselves were thick cut and wide rippled (think Wavy Lay's). There was lot of orange cheese powder on each chip, so have a napkin handy. The powder gave the chips a lot of cheese flavor, as they definitely didn't skimp on creating a cheese-flavored potato chip. The wavy nature of the chip allowed the powder to settle nicely on the chip as well. Overall these were good chips. Let's hope that the Eagle brand continues to produce fine quality snacks.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like potato chips, no heavy cheese or cheddar aroma.
From the package: “Not all snacks are created Eagle”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Reserve Brands LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Keith at Network World vending machine, Southborough, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road