Taste test: This bag was quite a find, as it has been years since I've been able to buy a bag of taco-flavored Doritos. (Most recently, I remember eating a Taco Bell flavor of Doritos in the mid-90s.)
Colorwise, the chips didn't look much different from Nacho Cheese Doritos. The taste was pretty good, with a tangy but fairly mild taco powder seasoning, a taste that went well with the high level of crispness in the chips. Not the strongest or best flavor of the various taco-flavored snacks that we've sampled, but still a solid effort by Doritos.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just a mild taco powder smell.
From the package: “Rip open a bag of the Doritos® brand taco flavored tortilla chips you crave. Experience that ballistic Doritos® brand crunch as it unleashes an explosion of taco flavor in your mouth – with a spicy kick!”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Taco Snacks (38 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2006
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road