Taste test: For a Superman-branded product, this was quite disappointing.
The granola bars in this box were mostly Rice Krispies and oats, with some small red and blue chocolate candies (each about the size of a Mini M&M) embedded inside. There was a nice close-up picture of a bar on the box, and it looked almost completely different from the actual bars inside. The picture showed lots of whole oats covering just about the whole outside of the bar, but the actual bar had some Rice Krispies visible, along with oats that were smashed up beyond recognition. The candy pieces were unbroken in the picture, but the real ones were in a majority of cases broken. The taste was OK, but nothing great, as it was mostly just oats and Rice Krispies. If Superman were to eat just these, I doubt he'd have much energy to be saving the world all the time.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much. Just a slight sweet smell.
From the package: “Made with Whole Grain Oatmeal” ... “Good Source of Calcium” ... “Limited Edition”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Quaker Oats Company
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published June 2006.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road