Taste test: For some reason, Nestle decided to try putting peanuts into their very successful Crunch bar.
The Crunch bar was already a very thin bar, so there wasn't a whole lot of room to squeeze in the halved peanuts. From the top, it looked like a regular Nestle Crunch bar. From the bottom, you could see both the Rice Krispies and the peanuts jutting through the chocolate. It looked like they didn't reduce the amount of Rice Krispies all that much, as the Rice Krispies far outnumbered the peanuts. Some bites had no nuts in them and tasted like ordinary Crunch, but most seemed to have at least one piece of nut, resulting in a different taste. The taste was OK, but really not very impressive. They took away the usual taste of a Crunch bar, without substituting anything special in terms of taste.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not very strong, but I think I could smell peanuts in addition to the chocolate.
From the package: “Milk Chocolate with Crisped Rice and Peanuts” ... “Why be plain? When you can be Crunchy™” ... “Made in Brazil by Nestlé Brazil Ltda.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Nestle Crunch (17 snacks)
- Chocolate (1812 snacks)
- Bars (957 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2006
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road