Whole Foods Market Belgian Waffles
Taste test: This individually wrapped waffle was pre-cooked, pre-sweetened, sold at room tempertature, and its "sell by" date was 16 days away when I bought it.
So can a packaged, fairly shelf-stable waffle be good? In this case, no. The waffle was thick, with large, deep square sections and an irregular edge. There was no crispness at all, the texture was very dense and bready, and though the whole thing was slightly sweet, most of the sweetness was concentrated into some small lumps of sugar hidden within. Worst of all, it left a greasy feeling in the mouth at the end. Not good. (The best waffle I ever had was from a waffle stand at a subway station in Brussels. Of course, unlike this one, it was freshly made, with an interval between waffle iron and mouth that probably measured in seconds. It was amazing!)
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice smell, like a freshly cooked waffle with powdered sugar.
From the package: “Unbleached Unbromated Wheat Flour, Sunflower Oil, Butter, Eggs, Sugar, Milk, Salt” .... “Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat” ... “Net Wt 4 oz Unit Price $6.76/lb Total Price $1.69”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Whole Foods Market
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road