Go-Tarts! Snack Bars Frosted Chocolate Fudge
Taste test: A box of Go-Tarts contains 10 bags that each contain one Go-Tart.
This contrasts with Pop Tarts, which include two tarts per bag. The bags say that Go-Tarts are not meant to be toasted or microwaved (but they don't say whether the Kellogg's Police will come knocking on your door if you do).
Each Go-Tart is about the size of a hot dog (without the bun). The shell is made from the crusty material on a chocolate Pop Tart. The inside is a fudge filling, similar to Pop Tart filling. On top where you'd put the ketchup (or is it catsup?), put a thin layer of chocolate frosting and white sugar flecks.
So with all the elements looking like they came from regular Pop Tart, you would think it would taste exactly like a Pop Tart. But you'd be wrong. Somewhere in the translation, some taste got lost. It tasted more like a snack cake than a Pop Tart. Maybe there's too much 'crust' or 'cake' on the outside, and less chocolate filling on the inside. After eating one of these, I felt that I'd rather just eat a Pop Tart right out of the box.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like chocolate cake.
From the package: “Go Tarts are ready to eat bars and should not be placed in a toaster or microwave.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Keith at Shaw's in Ashland, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Fire! Sauce Flavor
- Terrell's Syracuse Style Potato Chips
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road