Tostitos Sensations Red Chile & Lime Tortilla Chips
Taste test: These tortilla chips looked a lot like Doritos Nacho Cheese chips, but instead of a pointy triangle shape, the chips were curved like a bell.
The chips were reddish in color, and it was hard to tell if the chip was made from yellow corn or white corn. The taste was spicy right from the get-go. The chile powder and lime hit immediately and left a slightly hot aftertaste. The hint of lime gave the feeling that you either spritzed the chips with some lime or were in a Mexican restaurant. Not bad overall, but I preferred the other Tostitos Sensation flavor, Southwestern Ranch with Black Peppercorn.
Shop: Buy Tostitos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: It takes a while, but eventually you smell some chili powder.
From the package: “Tostitos Sensations Tortilla Chips and Lay's Sensations Potato Chips provide a gourmet taste experience that is sure to awaken your senses! Tostitos Sensations Flavored Tortilla Chips are enhanced with real spices cooked right into the chips, and seasoned with an aromatic blend of distinctive flavors. Red Chile & Lime Flavor with Crushed Red Pepper is a surefire way to engage your senses. First, spicy red peppers are blended into the crispy corn tortilla chip. Then, notes of tangy, cool lime and piquant chilies top off the lively flavor combination.”
Online store: Buy Tostitos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Tostitos tortilla chips (40 snacks)
- All Sensations (14 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (592 snacks)
- Chili Chips (223 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Lime Chips (151 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Keith at Price Chopper, Worcester, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road