Mrs. Freshley's Gold Creme Cakes
Taste test: These were a knockoff of the popular Twinkies snack cakes.
I thought the name was great — if I were looking for a fresher version of the Twinkie, who better to get it from than Mrs. Freshley herself? The basic formula was like Twinkies, with a yellow sponge cake in the same shape with a creme filling, but the cake was less moist than the typical Twinkie, and there was less filling inside. It wasn't bad at all, but it just wasn't quite as good as a Twinkie.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Similar to Twinkies. Pretty good.
From the package: “Serving Size 2 Cakes (79g/2.8 oz) Servings Per Container 1 Calories 310 Calories from Fat 120”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Flowers Foods
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road