Taste test: Frito-Lay has joined the 100-calorie snack revolution by taking a bunch of Doritos and putting them in individually sized snack packs.
There were five bags in this box, each good for lunches or for people who count calories and want a portion-controlled snack. The Doritos were pretty much regular Doritos, except smaller. (With regular-sized Doritos, you would get just about five chips to equal 100 calories.) The smaller pieces made it seem like I was eating more Doritos than I was, which could help people who might open a regular bag and eat about three servings before stoping. The shrinking of the Doritos triangles didn't change the taste at all. They still tasted like Cool Ranch Doritos.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: These didn't smell like ranch, just smelled like regular Doritos.
From the package: “The Right Snack for Sensible Munching. Introducing Doritos 100 Calorie Mini Bites Tortilla Chips ... a great tasting snack with perfect portions 'right-sized' just for you. Quick, easy and portable, Doritos 100 Calorie Chips are an ideal snack for home, work or when you're out and about. At 100 calories per pack it's a great tasting snack designed to fit your lifestyle!”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (149 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Ranch Chips (123 snacks)
- Miniature versions of larger snacks (70 snacks)
- 100 calorie packs (70 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Keith at Stop & Shop. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road