Mexicana Hannah's Red Hot Pickled Sausage
Taste test: This sausage was slightly thicker than you average-size hot dog, and it had a strong pickled meat sort of taste at first, with no heat.
The heat did kick in a few seconds later, and with continued bites into the sausage, the heat level did approach red hot. The texture was very soft, with lots of moisture and no chewiness. It was pretty good as pickled meat goes. Personally, I would prefer a sausage with the heat but without the pickling.
Shop: Buy meat snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild pickled meat smell.
From the package: “Made with beef and chicken, pickled in vinegar solution, artificially colored. Ingredients: Beef, Mechanically Separated Chicken, Water, Beef Hearts, Salt, Soy Protein Concentrate, Dextrose, Flavorings, Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Paprika, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite, Red 40. Contains: Soy.”
Online store: Buy meat snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: American Foods Group, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Meat Snacks (136 snacks)
- Pickle Chips (70 snacks)
- Sausage (13 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2007
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road