Taste test: This is Dollar General's knockoff version of the Pay Day bar (which they admit right on the wrapper), consisting of salted peanuts held together by caramel.
You definitely get a lot of peanuts with this bar, with a good helping of caramel (particularly in the center of the bar), so the taste is like sweetened salted peanuts. Considering that this cost just a quarter, it's a good buy if you're in the mood for a non-chocolate candy bar.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly a salted peanut smell.
From the package: “If you like Pay Day® candy bars try Clover Valley™” ... “Rich Caramel Topped with Peanuts.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Dolgencorp, LLC
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road