Taste test: This candy bar was a virtual clone of Nestle's popular Butterfinger bar (and Clover Valley was not shy about mentioning this on the wrapper).
It was pretty good, with a very crispy peanut butter-based inside and a chocolate coating. The texture seemed slightly different than Butterfinger, but I don't think it was necessarily any better or worse. The peanut butter stuff stuck to my teeth, just like a real Butterfinger. The chocolate might not have have been as good as the Nestle chocolate, but chocolate is not the primary reason for buying a Butterfinger. Dollar General sells these full-size bars (2.1 ounces) for just a quarter, which is about a third of the price that Butterfinger typically sells for, so it's definitely worth considering. (You can use the 50 cents you save to buy some chips.)
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good chocolate and peanut butter smell.
From the package: “Crunchy Peanut Butter Center and a Smooth Chocolaty Coating.” ... “If you like Butterfinger® candy bars try Clover Valley™”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Dolgencorp, LLC
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road