Taste test: Here we go again, another variation on the traditional Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.
This time it's double chocolate, with the usual chocolate on the outside and "chocolate flavored peanut butter" on the inside. Before this, I had never heard of "chocolate flavored peanut butter." (Does that make standard peanut butter become "peanut butter flavored peanut butter?") Upon biting in, I saw that the "chocolate flavored peanut butter" filling had the same color as the chocolate outside. The first bite actually tasted a lot like a regular Reese's. Subsequent bites did indeed taste more chocolatey. But I truly don't get the point. You buy a Reese's because you want chocolate mixed with peanut butter. If they turn the peanut butter into chocolate, you get less peanut butter taste. If you want just chocolate, you'll buy a chocolate bar, not a Reese's.
Shop: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Smell test: The regular great Reese's smell.
From the package: “with Chocolate Flavored Peanut Butter” ... “Limited Edition” ... “Life's Good Between Reese's Cups”
Online store: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (81 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (348 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2006
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road