Shearer's Whole Grain Black Bean & Salsa Tortilla Chips
Note: This snack has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Taste test: These tortilla chips were quite tasty, with a tangy salsa taste and a good underlying whole grain tortilla taste, plus a hot aftertaste.
The whole grain corn flour made for a tasty chip, a nice change in taste from the usual tortilla chips. Some of the chips were not particularly crisp, but others had a good level of crispness. The chips were generally flat and kind of brittle, so probably wouldn't be that good for dipping, but there was enough flavor on them that you don't really need to dip.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice spicy salsa smell, and I think I detected some beans too.
From the package: “Whole grain flour is different than traditional milled flour because it retains important parts of the corn kernel. Definition: Whole grains. Foods made from the entire grain seed, usually called the kernel, which consists of the bran, germ and endosperm. The USDA recommends eating 3 servings of whole grain each day.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road