Vitner's Sizzlin' Salt 'n Sour Potato Chips
Taste test: These are good hot vinegar chips.
Unlike many vinegar chips that are pale yellow, these have a strong orange glow to them. Both the vinegar zing and the heat are moderately strong, but by no means overwheming, and the comination is a good taste. The vinegar zing goes away once you swallow the chip, but the heat lingers for a while. A nice chip, a Chicago specialty.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: At first, a bit vinegary, then it's a mild barbecue aroma.
From the package: “For over 70 years, our family has been committed to providing your family with healthy, wholesome, good-tasting snack foods. Because we use only the finest quality ingredients, snack lovers can choose from a variety of top quality snacks in many different flavors and sizes. Vitner's 'Chicago Style' Snacks are a big hit far beyond the Windy City! From our famous potato chips to our delicious popcorn and crispy tortilla chips, you can count on Vitner's Snacks for great taste and value.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Vitner's (21 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1076 snacks)
- Vinegar Chips (168 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Walgreen's on North Michigan Ave., Chicago.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Torku Tatkrak Baharatlı Kraker
- Royalty Ginger Nuts
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road