Taste test: Reading the wrappers, it took a little while for me to figure out the difference between this Peanut Butter Take 5 and the original Take 5 (in the red wrapper).
Confusingly, the "non-peanut butter" version contains peanut butter. What they've done is to substitute a "peanut butter candy" coating for the chocolate coating in the original. The four other elements — pretzels, caramel, peanuts and peanut butter — remained the same. The wrapper contained two irregularly shaped bars, arranged end to end atop a folded piece of white cardboard. There was a good crunch from the pretzels, and the bar was very peanut buttery but also very sweet. The chocolate version was better. And here's a thought: If you remove the chocolate from a Hershey's Take 5, isn't it no longer a Hershey's?
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like Reese's Pieces.
From the package: “pretzels • caramel • peanuts • peanut butter • peanut butter candy” ... “T5”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Hershey's (84 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (349 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2006
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road