Lay's Sensations Lime & Black Pepper Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
Taste test: These kettle-style potato chips had a lot of flavoring powder on them.
There was a good amount of pepper taste, and the hint of lime did come through. It tasted like you took a pepper-flavored potato chip and squirted some lime juice on it. The pepper flavoring left a pepper-spice kick in the mouth long after the chip was swallowed, so if you like a hot aftertaste, you'll enjoy these. I'm not sure how the combination of lime and pepper is supposed to work. There aren't a bunch of lime and pepper dishes (especially with potatoes) that this is supposed to emulate, but there's nothing offensive in these chips if you like the taste of pepper and/or lime.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: You can smell the pepper when you open the bag. You can't smell the lime.
From the package: “Lay's Sensations Kettle Cooked Potato Chips are extra crunchy potato chips that deliver a flavorful, gourmet experience. Available in a range of flavors to bring you a unique experience of extra crunch and delicious tastes. Lime & Black Pepper Flavor is the perfect pairing of citrus and spice. By combining the refined flavor of cracked black pepper with a light twist of lime, this hearty crunch will leave you wanting more.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (216 snacks)
- All Sensations (14 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1984 snacks)
- Lime Chips (149 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (127 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Keith and Melissa at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
- Tayto Muchos Nacho Cheese
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road