Lay's Stax Jalapeno Cheddar Potato Crisps
Taste test: I'm not a giant huge fan of jalapeno-flavored chips (or crisps), so I wasn't looking forward to trying out these snacks.
However, I'm a huge fan of the Stax brand of potato crisps. They've won me over with their thicker cut than Pringles. So I decided to try out this limited-edition flavor. The crisps were the usual Stax color, with a lot of orange powder and some green speckles on one side. (This was a different approach than Pringles Jalapeño Cheddar, which started out by coloring the whole crisp green.) When you crunch in, you taste mostly the potato crisp, with a slight hint of jalapeño. The jalapeño flavor didn't really kick in until the aftertaste, leaving a slight burn in the mouth — but nothing compared to other jalapeño chips from more daring chipmakers. When I licked the powder off the crisp, I got more of a jalapeno kick, and a slight cheddar taste. Despite the orange powder, these crisps were more jalapeno-flavored than cheddar flavored. If you're looking for more of a burn, I would recommend licking the crisp instead of just crunching into it. Overall it was a decent crisp, but if you're looking to put your mouth on fire, try a different snack.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A slight peppery aroma, you can sort of smell the jalapenos.
From the package: “Get your smile on!” ... “With Lay's Stax Jalapeño Cheddar Naturally and Artificially Flavored Potato Crisps! Terrific for Tailgates!”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Stax (40 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (427 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (416 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (295 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (245 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2005
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road