Taste test: These toasted corn kernels were noticeably taller than any other type of corn I've seen.
The level of crunch varied quite a bit from kernel to kernel, with some being crunchy but crisp, and others a bit chewier than I would prefer. They had a dry, somewhat salty corn taste. Nefesh Foods told us that Cancha Corn is "best eaten with something cold to drink, and with beer, it is unsurpassed" so I brought it to the running club/drinking club to allow a broad spectrum of people to try it with beer. Some people liked the Cancha Corn a lot, quite a few were just baffled by the whole concept and didn't know what to think, and a few didn't like them at all (but some of this subgroup seemed to continue eating from their handfuls of Cancha Corn as they told me this).
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of like slightly burnt popcorn.
From the package: “Contains No Genetically Modified Ingredients” ... “An ancient variety of corn bred millenia ago by Pre-Inca civilizations and is considered to be among the Grandfathers of modern corn. Grown today in the same step plateaus that were carved in remote history, the Andean farmers who tend to this crop put in the same loving care nurtuting this corn as we put into making it.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Nefesh Foods
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published January 2006.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road