Gimbal's Gourmet Jelly Beans
Taste test: This package contained a wide assortment of jelly bean flavors, with a key on the back of the bag to translate colors and patterns into flavors.
The key was only somewhat helpful, as there were five different red varieties (cinnamon, raspberry, fruit punch, wild cherry and cotton candy) that looked identical in the key, with similar ambiguity on some pairs of pink, green and orange types. The taste of the various flavors was almost universally quite good, with a strong, fresh taste that matched the named flavor. The downside of any premade assortment — particularly when there are 34 different kinds — is that it's unlikely that every flavor will please everybody. But surprisingly, I found nearly every kind quite acceptable. Some of my favorites were licorice, cinnamon, sizzing cinnamon, orange 'n' creme and buttered popcorn.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Overall, a sweet, fruity smell.
From the package: “34 Flavors” ... “My family's promose for four generations has been to create truly exceptional candies, bursting with flavor in each and every bite.” ... “Gimbal's facility is Kosher (U) Parve • nut free• trans fat free • gelatin free • gluten free • dairy free • egg free” ... “Serving size 37 pieces”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Gimbal's Fine Candies
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road