Taste test: This box contained many, many miniaturized Charleston Chew bars, and it was a great way to repackage a classic taste.
Some of the great things about a regular huge Charlestown Chew are the size of the bar, the chewiness and the flavor. The only major downside is that the chocolate coating doesn't stretch the way the nougat inside does, so when you take a bite (and stretch a portion of the bar), the chocolate can break apart and sometimes falls off in pieces. That wasn't a problem with the mini ones, since they were small enough to fit the entire bar in the mouth. Though smaller, the mini bars were indeed quite chewy.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Same as a regular Charlestown Chew.
From the package: “Chewy flavored nougat with a delicious chocolatey coating” ... “Charleston Chew Candy was born during one of America's most fun-filled decades ... The Roaring 20's! Named after the popular dance craze at the time, Charleston Chew has grown to become a household name for millions of Americans.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1729 snacks)
- Bars (918 snacks)
- Miniature versions of larger snacks (70 snacks)
- Vanilla Snacks (29 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Dollar Tree. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road