Lay's Lightly Salted Potato Chips
Taste test: The regular variety of Lay's is a salty and somewhat greasy chip, so we were eager to try the lightly salted version.
These chips were about the same consistency as regular Lay's, but you can definitely tell that there is less salt on them. My first thought was that these tasted exactly like the regularly salted version of my favorite local brand of potato chips, Wachusett, so you could taste the potato rather than the salt and oil. Frito-Lay has a winner with these chips. I will definitely pick this bag over their regular version any time. Of course, I'll still reach for the Wachusetts if they're available.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like potato chips, but with less salt.
From the package: “If you are looking for a great-tasting potato chip with a little less salt, try Lay's Lightly Salted Potato Chips made with 50% less salt than Lay's Classic Potato Chips!”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Keith at Old Colony Market, Southborough, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road