Lay's Lightly Salted Potato Chips
Taste test: The regular variety of Lay's is a salty and somewhat greasy chip, so we were eager to try the lightly salted version.
These chips were about the same consistency as regular Lay's, but you can definitely tell that there is less salt on them. My first thought was that these tasted exactly like the regularly salted version of my favorite local brand of potato chips, Wachusett, so you could taste the potato rather than the salt and oil. Frito-Lay has a winner with these chips. I will definitely pick this bag over their regular version any time. Of course, I'll still reach for the Wachusetts if they're available.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like potato chips, but with less salt.
From the package: “If you are looking for a great-tasting potato chip with a little less salt, try Lay's Lightly Salted Potato Chips made with 50% less salt than Lay's Classic Potato Chips!”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- No salt/low salt chips (42 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2005
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road