California Chips Earthquake Potato Chips
Taste test: These chips were very crisp, and they were extremely tasty, with a flavor combination unlike any we've tried previously. The bag explains that these chips include salt & vinegar, jalapeño, barbecue and sour cream & onion, and you really can taste all of those things (even if the bag's story of how they came up with the mix of flavors is quite suspect).
The taste was sort of a sweet barbecue with smooth onion, a mild heat, and a strong vinegar zing. Despite the Earthquake name, there were many large, unbroken chips in the bag.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice potatoey, slightly barbecuey, kind of vinegary smell.
From the package: “You can't think of California without thinking of Earthquakes. But Earthquake flavored potato chips? One night a few years ago, a nice sized tremor hit near our factory. We heard it was about 6.3 on the Richter Scale. When we came in the following morning all of our spices had fallen into the same mixing vat. We thought we had a loss on our hands. But when we tasted what we had, we loved it! The chips are sour like our Salt & Vinegar, have a little heat like our Jalapeno, are a little sweet like our Mesquite Barbecue, and have lot of creamy onion goodness from our Sour Cream and Onion.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: California Chip Company
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (1984 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (480 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (237 snacks)
- Vinegar Chips (167 snacks)
- Sour Cream & Onion Chips (135 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road