Lay's Stax Pizza Potato Crisps
Taste test: I don't understand the appeal of pizza-flavored snacks.
They usually end up tasting like tomato sauce, and is that such a good thing? A good flavor should make you feel like you're dipping the chip (or crisp) into the flavor, such as ketchup, barbecue sauce or sour cream and onion dip. But with most pizza-flavored chips, doesn't it really taste like you're dipping it into tomato sauce? Why not name the snack "tomato-flavored"? Well, it could be because that wouldn't sell, or because pizza is just a better word. These uniformly shaped, Pringles-like crisps fit the patten, with a tomato sauce taste. That said, when licking the powder off these, they tasted great, and crunching them whole without licking first still had a good taste. Strangely, when eating eat several of these, there was a hot aftertaste, as if they were hot chips.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: No distinctive aroma.
From the package: “0 grams Trans Fat. See Nutrition facts for saturated fat info.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Keith and Melissa at Old Colony Market, Southborough, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road