Taste test: This wide, thick bar had a beige sugary coating on the bottom and half of the edges, and the uncoated part looked looked a granola bar.
It was easy to bite off a piece, and the taste and texture was marginal very dense and a little gritty, slightly sweet with some banana flavor. Acceptable if you need a portable source of quick energy, but nothing great. Definitely heed the warning on the label and have a beverage with this bar, because you will want something to wash away the taste and aftertaste. Personally, I'd much rather eat a good banana than have banana-flavored anything.
Shop: Buy PowerBar on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely smells like bananas and nuts.
From the package: “Suggested use: Drink 8 ounces of water with each PowerBar Harvest® to aid in the absorption of nutrients.” ... “Fills You Up 3g Fiber 7g Protein” ... “Whole Grain Energy Bar” ... “PowerBar Harvest® bars are a great tasting, nutritious snack that help fill you up and keep you going between meals. Each PowerBar Harvest® bar has whole rains, fiber, soy protein and 16 essential vitamins & minerals. Snack healthy, anytime!”
Online store: Buy PowerBar on Amazon #ad
Company: PowerBar Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road