Grandpa Po's Originals Nutra Nuts Slightly Unsalted
Taste test: This snack combined miniature pocorn kernels with soy nuts.
I don't know how the heck they made the minipopcorns. They weren't unpopped or partially popped popcorn like Pop Nots, but more like tiny popped kernels (slightly larger an an unpopped kernel) with a bit more crunch. There was some flavor to these, despite the lack of heavy seasonings or salt. Our tasters either liked them or hated them. The haters generally complained that the mix tasted like the stuff at the bottom of a bowl of popcorn. But some people liked this quite a bit and kept coming back for more, eventually emptying the bag.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells kind of like slightly burnt popcorn.
From the package: “50% More Soy Than Our Original Originals” ... “The Crunchy Popcorn Snack with Soybeans” ... “In 1963 Grandpa Po invented Nutra Nuts for his children as a healthy alternative to junk food and candy.”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Nutra Nuts, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published April 2005.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road