Wise Cheez Doodles Crunchy Hot & Tangy
Taste test: One of the many nice things about Chicago is that there are several snack companies selling hot cheese curls.
Some of those are very hot, and some are very tasty, with the Cheezels from Jays being the best of all. This snack seemed to be Wise's attempt to bring that sort of taste to its customers far beyond Chicago. The curls were very irregularly shaped (even moreso than the usual Cheez Doodles Crunchy), and they had a seasoning that was indeed hot and tangy. It wasn't as hot as the Vitner's version of these, and it wasn't as tangy as the Jays version, but it was still pretty good.
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not hot, definitely tangy, but still mild.
From the package: “WhooooEee! Send you taste buds to the Louisiana bayou with Wise® Hot & Tangy cheez doodles®. These spicy creole flavored corn snacks deliver a real kick. First you savor the tangy sweetness, then yeow! ... here comes the heat.”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Company: Wise Foods Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- All Wise Cheez Doodles (18 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1061 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (424 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2005
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road