Grandma Shearer's Bar-B-Q Potato Chips
Note: This snack has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Taste test: These are moderately thick potato chips with a good crunch.
Grandma Shearer went the non-spicy route when she developed her recipe for barbecue chips, and if non-spicy is OK with you, you'll probably like these. They have a mild, sweet barbecue taste with no kick to it at all, and just the slightest amount of spiciness in the aftertaste.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet barbecue aroma
From the package: “As the boss around here I often receive letters from our customers. Some like to know how we make our snacks so good, other want to know more about Grandpa and me, and some, well, they're just plain weird! Like this:” Then there's a letter from “Bob B. Qude” asking how to make a barbecue with this same flavor, and a response from Grandma Shearer saying the recipe's a secret, but suggesting that “Bob B. Qude” layer these chips over the charcoal to marinate everything with this flavor.
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Snaxpo.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road