Taste test: This was basically a regular Flake bar dipped in milk chocolate, which acted like a chocolate shell for the inner Flake bar.
The Flake part consisted of thin layers of chocolate woven together. When you bite into the Flake part, the bar becomes crumbly and breaks apart.
The hardest part about eating a Flake is preventing all of the crumbly bits from getting all over the place. This dipped version helped contain the crumbliness, plus it added additional chocolate to the mix. The crumbly parts help to make the chocolate bar feel lighter than a solid chocolate bar. The Cadbury chocolate in general is outstanding compared to American chocolate.
If we gave grades out, the Flake Dipped bar would receive an A- to the A grade given to the normal Flake bar. But if you can't find a normal Flake (which is why I bought this one), the Flake Dipped is a great substitute.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like chocolate.
From the package: “Ingredients: Milk, Sugar, Cocoa butter, Cocoa mass, Vegetable fat, Emulsifier (E442), Flavourings.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Keith and Melissa at Cardullo's Gourmet Shoppe, Harvard Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road