Taste test: We received this as part of a vendor's "survival kit" promotion for the Consumer Electronics Show.
This flavor is supposed to remind you of a Snickers bar, as it has peanuts, caramel, chocolate and something that resembles nougat. But like all energy bars, this one tasted like they took all the taste out of the bar (or at least the sweet part). The bar was hard to chew, and the nougat tasted dry. I think all of the energy you might receive from eating this bar is wasted because of all the energy it takes to chew through it. Have a glass of water handy so you can wash this out of your mouth after you're done. That said, it wasn't the worst energy bar I've ever had, but it certainly wasn't the best.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like a chocolate energy bar (not a good chocolate smell).
From the package: “Balance is a high protein bar with a special blend of 40-30-30 Nutrition: 40% of calories from carbohydrate, 30% each from protein and dietary fat.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Balance Bar Company
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1809 snacks)
- Bars (956 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (345 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2004
This snack was discovered by Keith. Review published December 2004.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road