Taste test: I thought the concept here was kind of strange.
Way back in the 70s, when granola bars were first introduced, they were pretty much trail mixes shaped like bars. Over time, as more and more flavors have come out, they've gradually come to be more like candy bars. Now Quaker has introduced some "trail mix" flavors as if it's a whole new idea. This bar consisted of oats, Rice Krispies, yellow and red M&Ms, chocolate chunks, peanuts and raisins. I don't think the M&Ms were official M&Ms, as the package wasn't branded that way and I didn't see any M's on them. I thought it was pretty good, as raisins, peanuts and chocolate are a nice combination.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Peanutty and chocolatey. Pretty good.
From the package: “Totally Scrumptious! Quaker Chewy® Trail Nux Chocolate Raisin & Peanut granola bars are filled with chocolate chunks, toasted peanuts and raisins ... they're sure to please!”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Quaker Oats Company
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1811 snacks)
- Bars (957 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Raisins (76 snacks)
- Trail Mixes (48 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2005
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road