Taste test: I'm a big fan of all things Reese's. They've come out with many variations, but my favorite of all is the original peanut butter cup.
This snack is Reese's attempt to adapt the original peanut butter cups to the popular Atkins diet. It only took one bite for me to conclude that the attempt has failed. Upon biting in, I definitely detected a different texture, sort of mushy and gooey, kind of pre-melted. From the looks of things, the peanut butter layer was very thin. There was a chocolate and peanut butter taste, but the texture was weird enough that it definitely detracted from the taste. As the bite dissolved in my mouth, there was the same sort of bland sand-like taste/feeling that I've gotten from some of the bad protein bars, though to a lesser extent in this case. Not good. One more reason to stick with the high-carb lifestyle.
Shop: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells pretty much the same as a regular Reese's.
From the package: “for Low Carb Lifestyles” .... “2 peanut butter cups” ... “Ingredients: Peanuts; Erythrithol; Cellusolse Gel; Chocolate; Inulin (Fiber); Cocoa Butter; Polyglycitol Syrup; Cream (milk); contains 2% or less of: Salt; Soy Lecithin and PGPR; Emulsifiers; Glycerin; Sucralose; Vanillin, artificial flavor; THBQ (preservative); and Acesulfame Potassium.”
Online store: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (79 snacks)
- Chocolate (1751 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (341 snacks)
- Atkins Diet snacks (32 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road