Winter Chex Mix Cocoa
Taste test: This mix included pretzels shaped like stockings, snowflakes, sleighs, snowmen and Christmas trees (moronically described on the bag as "holiday trees" so as not to offend); mini marshmallows, the kind they include with hot chocolate mix; vanilla bread sticks; Corn Chex; and Frosted Mini Chex.
All of those things had a thin coating of a hot chocolate-like powder that adhered to everything quite well. I was impressed General Mills' innovation here, as this mix had several firsts. It was the first snack mix to incorporate chocolate seasoning; first to include marshmallows; and it had pretzels in several shapes that I haven't seen before. It was OK if you were willing to pick and choose the parts you wanted, but if you just grabbed a handful of everything, nothing great. The dry, salty pretzels and bread sticks just didn't fit with the chocolatey, salty character of everthing else. It's like they wanted to satisfy a salt craving and a sugar craving simultaneously, and it just didn't work.
Shop: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like any of those chocolate cereals such as Cocoa Puffs.
From the package: “Limited Edition” ... “Fun, Flavorful Shapes!” ... “Contains wheat, milk, almond, soy and peanut ingredients.”
Online store: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Company: General Mills
Categories for this snack:
- All Chex Mix (37 snacks)
- Chocolate (1778 snacks)
- Pretzels (550 snacks)
- Limited Editions (414 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (389 snacks)
- Marshmallow snacks (133 snacks)
- Party Mixes (131 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road