Tayto Snacktime Bacon Rashers
Taste test: These corn-based snacks were shaped and colored to roughly resemble bacon, but they were too thick and too straight to really look like bacon.
Smiths Bacon Flavor Fries simulate the look and feel of bacon much more convincingly. These did taste a lot like bacon, but they received mixed reviews around the chip bowl. Some people noticed an odd aftertaste, and one of our tasters thought there was a pine-like taste.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, these really did smell like fresh-cooked bacon. The non-greasy kind.
From the package: “Anytime's good for snacking! Anytime Anywhere Its 'Snacktime' ” ... “Ingredients: Maize, Bacon Flour (Whey Powder, Salt, Sugar, Yeast Extract, Rusk, Flavouring, Flavour Enhancer - E621, Coca Powder), Vegetable Oil, Rice Flour, Soya Grits, Rusk, Dextrose, Salt, Colours - Paprika and Beetroot Extract, Emulsifier - E471, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Flavouring, Flavour Enhancer - E635.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Ireland (110 reviews)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (141 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2004
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road