Taste test: These rolled-up, taquito-like creations were crunchy and very tasty, with a guacamole taste at first, followed by a very tasty heat.
The heat was impressive but not killer, and it did linger around for quite a while. Doritos Rollitos are a similar concept, but those are quite a bit smaller and made from triangular tortilla chips, whereas these appeared to be made from round tortilla chips. Each of these was nearly twice the size of a Rollito.
Shop: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice, really spicy smell.
From the package: “Hey! You want crunch? You want Latin Heat? You want big flavor? Get Barcel®. Get real ... Crunch this!” ... “Our Guacamole Super Crunchy Rolled Tortilla Minis” ... “Picture enlarged to show texture”
Online store: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Company: Bimbo Snacks USA Ltd.
Categories for this snack:
- All Takis (19 snacks)
- Tubular Tortillas (47 snacks)
- Guacamole/Avocado-flavored chips (23 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2004
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published October 2004.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road