Taste test: These potato chips were dark, irregularly shaped and very crunchy.
They had a crisp, dry feel to them. They didn't taste oily at all, but they did leave some shiny residue behind on my fingertips. They had a rich potato taste, kind of like a baked potato, but the taste was weakened a bit by the low level of salt.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, very nice baked potato smell.
From the package: “Our family owned chip company started as a backyard business over 50 years ago, in a small wooden shack in the town of Captain Hook on the Big Island of Hawaii. Passing the hand-crafter techniques to its present day owners the chips are still handmade in special batches. Kona Chips combined the original potato chips recipe, extra thick slices of selected russet potatoes and added a spin to the process. We developed a technique that enhances the flavor and adds extra crispness yet reduces the oil content for that perfect Kona C-R-U-N-C-H!”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Furukawa's-Sansei Chips, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Keith and Melissa. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road